Friday, July 11, 2008

Paralympic Pictures

Earlier I told you about the US Paralympic Time trials that took place at ASU in Tempe. Here are some pictures that Sarah and I took of the event. Above is Eric Hightower - He will be competing in Bejing - he is a Arizona Native. Eric was born with Cerebral Palsy. I first met Eric out at Day on the Lake many years ago. Two more Arizona athletes supporting each other.

A blind gentleman participating in the Long Jump.



Wheelchair racers!
A Gentleman with a Below Knee Amputation - competing int he Long Jump.


This gentleman is has both legs amputated above the knee (AKA) and the gentleman behind him has one leg amputated below the knee. The gentleman with the AKA is the first known to compete in a timed trial. It was absolutely incredible to see him compete.
I hope you enjoy these pictures - these are some truly amazing people who have not allowed their disabilities to stop them!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so amazing!! That's all I can say!

jenna said...

That looks so cool!!
O i updaitid my blog!
Love you

WendySue said...

That is amazing! I would love to see this with my own eyes what miracles.

K2 Designs said...

These athletes are TOTALLY amazing! High 5's to them all! Would love to watch in person too.