Monday, June 04, 2007

Day on the Lake!

It has been a very busy weekend. Thursday night Rob, Brad and I in one car and Sarah in her car headed to Bartlett Lake Marina in Cave Creek, Arizona. We slept in the Aqua Lodge on Bartlett Lake and on Friday morning we got up bright and early to help St. Joes hospital host the 11th annual Day on the Lake. This is a really awesome event where people with a disability are able to come to the lake and water ski, jet ski, fish, kyake or just go for a boat ride. This is my 10th year volunteering. I was co-dock Master which meant I greeted the participants on the dock and assisted them in going to the spot they needed to participate in which ever event they were scheduled for. Sarah assisted with registration, and the assisted me on the dock!!! I couldn't have done it without her. Rob and Brad drove a pontoon boat for adapted fishing. Dennis showed up about 11:30 on Friday and assisted Rob and Brad on the pontoon. From what I have been told, they caught a lot of fish. I beleive only one person they took out on the lake did not catch a fish. Brad fished from the pier for several hours Friday night and Rob and Dennis took Dennis' bass boat out for about 3 hours and caught about 15 fish. Sarah and I relaxed in the Aqua Lodge and watched movies. We got up Saturday morning to do it all again. It was a wonderful weekend filled with many happy people and a lot of smiles. Emmalee had some precious time with Papa Jim and Nana and also her big brother Josh.

I am now attending a 50 hour Aquatic class called Healing Dance. It is being held in Scottsdale. I am tired but loving being in the water again!!!

Emmalee is crawling anywhere and everywhere, pillows are no obstacle. She has even climbed up and down the stairs at Papa Jim and Nana's House. On Sunday, Emmalee really wanted a bottle and saw one on the lower shelf of our end tables. This again was not an obstacle, before I could do anything, Emmalee was on the shelf knocking all of the magazines out of her way. She is also pulling her self up on things. I put her down for her afternoon nap on Sunday and about an hour later Josh called Rob and I in to her bedroom to find her standing up in the corner looking over the edge at her binki on the floor. Needless to say her bed has now been lowered.

My camera is having technical difficulties (No, Jodie it is not the operator) so when I can find Bradley's camera I will send the pictures of Emmalee eating Oreo Cookies and tasting Papa Jim's bar-b-que ribs.

Love to you all,
Jill and family

2 comments:

Jodie said...

I know it is not the operator! I thought it was having a bit of a problem when I used it at your house. Glad to hear that the Day at the Lake turned out so good again. It must be so rewarding seeing people enjoying themselves, doing something they never thought they would be able to do again.
As for my Emmalee... hee hee you are going to have your hands full with this little ray of sunshine. Smile smile grin grin. I love every minute of it. She is going to keep you on your toes!!! Thats my girl!
Love,
Auntie Jodie

Nana Phyllis said...

Nana and Papa Jim had a wonderful time with Emmalee and Josh. Em is starting to go where ever she wants and fast..still not crawling on hands and knees but going FAST. We had a great time with them.

Love to all, Nana