Saturday, June 16, 2007

A Whole Bunch of Firsts!!!!!

Emmalee is spreading her wings and really trying hard to fly..... I am not sure how happy I am about how quickly she is growing up!!! I know she is just over eight months old and we still have a lot of growing up to do and a lot of firsts to witness but still. (I know I sound like every Mother out there!) Emmalee is able to get up on her hands and knees and crawl but if she really wants to get somewhere fast she goes back to the old "army crawl" and puts it in high gear. She has mastered going up and down steps and goes where ever she sets her mind. She is showing that she has a little bit of a temper.... If she wants to go somewhere and you stop her from going there she lets you know she is not very happy with it. She is now using her tongue to make more sounds... she rubs her tongue across her top gums and sings to everyone she sees. She is also making DaDaDaDaDa, NaNaNaNa and GaGaGaGa. Soon she will be talking in full sentences......
She showed off for Papa Jim and Nana the other day and decided she was going to go from her tummy to sitting up... she did it twice for them and when she would get to the seated position she would look at them and clap. She would not do it for Rob and I until the next night and then I was able to take pictures of it.
She is also clapping her hands to patty cake... she has a dog that plays music and when it says "SO BIG" she looks around like, well isn't any one going to ask me how big I am? The dog also sings Patty Cake along with several other songs.

Emmalee is at a new sitters house who lives just down the street, Emmalee seems to really enjoy the family she is with. Her sitters name is Amy and she and her husband have 3 children 2 boys and 1 girl. Emmalee loves playing with all of them. Amy's husband admitted that Emmalee is all of their favorite. I went to their house on Wednesday night and taught CPR to the 2 oldest children, Amy and her Husband Keith.

Well, I think that actually catches you up on everything going on here....Oh, Emmalee turned 8 months on the 6th of June and that was the Grand Opening of the "Bass Pro Shop" that is less then 5 miles from our house. Rob decided that it was a big deal in her life and we needed to attend the Grand Opening so Emmalee and Rob went and stood in line and I met them there after my Aquatics class. We had fun but it sure was packed. Emmalee even got a onsie to mark the occasion.

Bye for now, we love you all very much!




Love, Jill and family.

1 comment:

Nana Phyllis said...

Now I know why Emmalee wants to visit our bird Papa. She would love to get into her cage..Emmalee thinks Papa can teach her to fly. I hate to tell Emmalee but Papa can't fly either...

Love Nana